Job Openings - Looking for Stars!
Percipio Media is an early-stage startup with an incredible track record that is using technology, predictive modeling, and a small number of employees to create huge value in the higher education and career industries. We have been growing over 30% quarter-on-quarter and are actively hiring A-level talent that enjoys intellectual challenges, hard work, and a fun, fast moving culture.
- Like to work cooperatively. (We’re very team-oriented.)
- Can apply best practices – engineering or otherwise - in a disciplined way. (We hate to waste time fixing last week’s work.)
- Will pitch in to work on whatever needs to be done. (We are a start-up.)
- Is interested in, and analytical about, everything that makes a business work. (We are a small, motivated team.)
- Have a sense of humor.
Senior Java Developer
We need a strong Java Developer to take charge of our core asset – the engine that uses statistical modeling to maximize our value for each and every visitor to our sites. You’ll also have a big hand in all of the systems that comprise our Website, email, and job & resume search & posting operations. We are poised to be a dominant player in this rapidly growing field and we need your help to make it happen!
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable commercial products.
- Good OO design skills and an ability to think abstractly before committing ideas to code.
- Fluency in Java and at least one other programming language.
- Solid experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling a big plus.
Rails UI Developer
We need a passionate UI Developer with experience building large scale, high traffic web applications. You'll be part of everything from UI design, to coding all parts of the MVC, to helping out with our back-end architecture. We are poised to be a dominant player in this rapidly growing field and we need your help to make it happen!
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, particularly with significant revenue
- Extensive Ruby on Rails experience
- Understanding of core usability practices and a serious interest in UI design
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Ability to balance multiple projects and manage tight deadlines
- Experience with SEM, SEO, conversion optimization, traffic path analysis, and A/B testing are a big plus
Email Marketing Manager
We need a proven star, a passionate analytically-oriented marketer to take charge of our internal email campaigns. We have over 4mm members and are growing dramatically. Email campaigns are a growth area for the business, but more importantly they function as a key driver of the value we are able to deliver to our members. Come on board and help our members improve their careers!
- Design and oversee daily production and execution of marketing e-mail campaigns
- Develop and implement effective e-mail marketing strategies including contact strategy, segmentation/targeting, ongoing testing and content & creative optimization
- Perform detailed analysis across programs, campaigns and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement
- Manage email processes (scheduling, development, set-up, review, QA, deployment, and reporting)
- Provide tactical recommendations on deliverability, creative, data hygiene, privacy and segmentation
- Seek new opportunities to further leverage e-mail marketing and other member initiatives
Requirements - Email Marketing Analyst:
- Expertise in current email marketing best practices and industry best practices
- Demonstrated success with loyalty campaigns as well as customer acquisition and monetization
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Familiarity of CAN SPAM Act
- Strong understanding of email deliverability dynamics
Business Development - all levels
We have a wealth of opportunities to pursue as we enjoy 30% quarter-on-quarter growth rate. This growth is built on allocating resources to efforts that benefit our members and clients. We need a proven Business Development star in online marketing to help us prioritize, pursue, close and develop these opportunities.
- Deep understanding of Internet advertising products, business models and industry players across affiliate networks, co-registration, email, search engine marketing and other Internet advertising media.
- Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Progressive work experience in Internet media.
- Strong analytic, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Proven track record of generating significant new sales or strategic business relationships.
SEM/Paid Search Manager (possible expansion to Head of Traffic)
We employ state of the art optimization heuristics and technology to manage very large SEM campaigns. We need a proven star in this area with very strong quantitative skills to leverage and develop powerful, proprietary SEM technologies. This individual will have an opportunity to make a substantial impact leveraging a rare set of talent and tools.
- Drive SEM program, expansion and optimization (keyword expansion; ad copy, ad grouping, landing page optimization; testing; analysis)
- Implement testing strategies to continually uncover optimization levers, enhance learning, and improve performance
- Proactively leverage PM, Engineering, Research and Business Development teams to evolve technology features and capabilities, develop new ideas/concepts, improve data access, and optimize campaign performance
- Develop and manage forecasts, implement strategies to achieve/exceed targets
- Minimum 2 years with hands-on SEM experience and preferably with 1-2 years of hands-on direct marketing role - online (SEM, email, affiliates, display, etc.)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- MySQL skills a must, general programming preferred
- Solid grasp of online marketing & optimization best practices
- Excellent communication skills & effectiveness working w/ multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to “get your hands dirty” and “get it done”
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline - MS preferred
- Passion for complex problem solving and data
- Experience with Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, MSN Adcenter
Account Manager - all levels
Our growth is predicated on providing the best possible transparency and honest service for our clients, while maintaining the best possible experience for all our members. We need an account manager to be a tireless advocate of our clients needs and concerns. Ideally you have very strong interpersonal skills, have experience in Web development, thrive at working in team setting, and enjoy an external facing role.
- Knowledge of and 2-5 year experience in online marketing, preferably education lead-generation
- BS in a quantitative discipline
- Proficiency in MySQL
- Very strong interpersonal, speaking, and writing skills
- Experience with CRM systems preferred
- Travel is a must
Please send resume and cover letter to: